Sunday, October 15, 2006

bday 06

yeay, today is a uber joyous day.
ha, this day of the past two yrs, been sitting here, counting my blessings n feeling so blessed.

okay, here goes..
i happily snoozed my alarm clock to wake up later when suddenly, my maid came and "layling (actually she calls me liling), wake up wake up! yr friends are here!"
so i hopped off my bed and o.0! jasmine, bernice, renying, huishan, cixin and qiaoling walked in n sniggered at my just-wake-up expression.

then, they shoo me to wash up and bathe, while they did sneaky things.
so, they made me change into the shirt n skirt they bought and a very nice white bag. uhm, they hang the bag there, trying to make it seem like it's qiao's bag, but in the first place, i didn't see her carrying it, whoops.

so i changed and we left the house. AND GUESS WHAT.
they hid my wedges and my slippers and made me wear... disgusting pirated pink crocs. omg, nightmare.

for the frequent commuters, you'll know this is taken on a mrt train. see, ugly pirated crocs and all of em are wearing fairly presentable shoes.

and you wont believe their destination- orchard.
so there will be many people witnessing my fashion flop.

so we went to wisma food republic to eat.
i ate some 4.50 wanton noodles with huge whole shrimp wantons. then huishan and qiaoling claimed that they wana go toilet while we sat and crapped around. and jasmine insisted that "there are no more surprises." somehow, i dont believe lah.

then huishan called renying. (of all of us, she cant act one.) and said that qiao walked and fell down and is at ngee ann city fountain and made us hurry run over. so i didnt believe, lol, but played along anw and ran over to the fountain. at such times, you appreciate pirated crocs man. poor women in heels, hoho!

here comes the unexpected part.
my challenge and birthday forfeit of the day: wear a furry orange hairband, with my pink crocs, parade down orchard road and ask at least 5 people to eat a pizzahut drumlet.
this is the gauge of Singaporeans' friendliness. we took a very long time to accomplish it okay. lets see, in the end, the 5 drumlets went to: 2 little kids with their mum, took two.
we met michelle chia filming with some guy from superhost, they got entertained by us n spoke to us, and took one. (she said" haha, now you know our job is difficult") a very nice angmoh lady and a teenager that took pity on us. haha!

so after i finally finished the challenge, they returned me my wedges and we went to swensens, cause i get a free firehouse (is that its name?) on my birthday worth 8.90. hahahaha!
they ate topless 10.

the candle is so tiny and cute.
and then they sent me to somerset area and took a balloon from some olympus promo n tell me that this is to symoblise they are w me for the rest of the day (and i uhm, let it off after lunch lalalalala)

so thankyou girls! (: never take group pict -_-"

after that, i reached nexus and they sang a bday song right before pm, then i got malu-fied.
so the entire service was awesome. love the new series the church is embarking on. love the designs of the mm slides :X and the ultimate fav praise of all generations- one way. haha!

anw, thank you for yr cards n gifts: seepeng, rachel, natalie, guozhang, deng, michelle, desmond, ian, weilong.
(did i miss out anyone at this pt in time?)

had lunch at Le meridean (i cant spell) and left for meeting at rix's.
and somehow, people were quite restless and the zion core seems somewhat suspicious but i didnt expect how much they'll go through.

they blindfold me and led me step by step to the busstop (thankyou rachel, huitian and yihui!), took a bus to j8 and made me walk ard and entertain em, made me dance, hug a pillar, took photo with a kid!! and dance kungfu, all when i was being blindfolded. >_< the people that made my day.
missing: rachel. (thanks girl.)

until its left with me, pam, jon, deng, cong, yihui. and we all dont feel like going home, but left at 1130. took cab home with pam, deng n cong. had a good chat with all of them.

i thank God for great friends and a great spiritual family. what a blessed day. super embarrassing day, but i loved it alot. shall use this to motivate myself to mug. after Os, tonnes of such chitchat sessions!

so anw, i forgot to open my letterbox, and i threw the key, wrapped in a newspaper down 10storeys to my brother, who picked it up n opened it for me. thankyou for yr letters n cards tt u sent! (jon, alvin, ying, xin, jo - i nv receive ber's ._.) and all the sms-es from all of ya.

although that wish didn't come true, he reminded me, Philippians 1:6
being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.
exchange his hardened heart, her wearied heart n those condemned hearts for a heart thirsty for Him again.

we'll reach the end tgt. keep one another running, this way.